The California Art Club had a paint out at the start of this month. On Sunday I went to El Matador State Beach with my fellow member Marian Fortunati. It was an amazing day with hazy morning clouds that hung over the cliffs. This was my first time at this beach and it is spectacular with many rock formations and arches. The walk down to the beach is steep and a little scary for me since I am not great with heights.
Marian and I ventured part way down the stairs and set up above the water looking at the northern coastline on a little spit of rock. Other artists where already there painting and many more came later. The haze was going to burn off quickly so I had to capture the softer sky and colors very fast. I loved the vertical cliffs that nearly touch the waters edge. And that lone tree where the cliffs meet the rocks is so captivating.
When we stopped for lunch and climbed back up the stairs, we realized that we knew many of the other artists who came for the paint out. After lunch we had a critique by Sharon Burkett Kaiser, who commented on our paintings. Thanks, Sharon for the great advise and organizing this fun event. Topics: California Art Club
- California Art Club Critique Session: The Making of Great Art
- California Art Club Exhibition: Natural Beauty
- Rialto Visions: California Art Club Event
- California Art Club Exhibition, Concertos in Color and SGFAA Plein Air Exhibit
- T'was Opening Night
- California Art Club Exhibition
- California Art Club Gold Metal Exhibition